Young Researchers’ Tournament
SELECTION OF CANDIDATES
Abstracts marked interested in participating in the Young Researchers’ Tournament will be scored by a selected jury on scientific quality, innovation, relevance and language clarity. The 4 highest scores will then be invited to give a presentation.
● Ph.D. students, post-docs/fellow, medical residents or certified specialists with no more than 3 years of practice since completing of their training or Ph.D. are eligible to apply.
● Candidates must upload documentation of their institution’s letterhead with a letter from the department head confirming their current position as a young researcher with no more than 3 years of practice since completing of their training.
The conference registration fee will be waived for candidates who are selected for the tournament.
Each candidate will have 8 minutes for presentation of their research and 5 minutes to answer questions from the jury.
The presentations are scheduled on February 14th, 2024 (second day of the conference). The presentations will be recorded and available to watch at the virtual conference platform.
EVALUATION OF PRESENTATION
Candidates will be judged on:
1. The scientific value of the work presented;
2. The quality of the oral presentation;
3. The quality of responses to the jury.