Late-breaker abstract deadline for companies is 15 January 2024!
Only company late-breaker abstracts can still be submitted. The deadline for regular abstract submission has passed.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION PREPARATION
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Candidates for the Young Researchers’ Tournament:
❏ Must upload documentation of your institution’s letterhead with a letter from the department head confirming current position as a researcher from a Low- or Middle-Income Country and/or as a young researcher with less than 3 years of working experience since your training.
- Details Presenting Author & Co-Authors:
❏ Full First & Last Name (ex. John C. Smith)
❏ Email Address
- Affiliation Details of Presenting Author & Co-Authors:
❏ Position / Title
❏ Department & Institution / Hospital
- Category of Abstract:
1) Vaccines, Therapies & Treatments
2) Clinical Studies
3) Evolution & Epidemiology
4) Virology & Immunology
- Abstract Title:
❏ Limited to 25 words in UPPERCASE (ex. ABSTRACT ON CLINICAL STUDIES)
- Abstract Text:
❏ Limited to 250 words (including acknowledgements)
- Tables & Figures:
❏ Not included in abstract text & 250 word count. Uploaded in one document (pdf, doc, docx, jpg, jpeg, png).
PLEASE NOTE: If there are updates or edits for your abstract, such as final results, please send us (email@example.com) the updated version by December 1st, 2023.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Please follow the instructions listed below:
- All abstracts (published or from ongoing studies) can be submitted through our Abstract Submission link, which will be available starting June 5th, 2023.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline (to be announced) End of Business day (CET). Abstracts received after the deadlines will not be considered. If you experience any difficulties when submitting your abstract, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges the acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official meeting publications.
- Co-author approval is assumed to be approved with abstract submission.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants at least 1 month before the conference. If this is not possible due to circumstances, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- All applicants must currently work or study in the field of respiratory infectious diseases, and must provide information regarding position/title.
- Abstracts must be related to RSV and fit to 1 of the 4 categories:
- Vaccines, Therapies & Treatments
- Clinical Studies
- Evolution & Epidemiology
- Virology & Immunology
- Abstracts must be submitted and presented in English.
- Abstracts must be about recent data.
- Maximum of 250 words, otherwise abstract will not be accepted.
Poster presenters are required to present their poster during the conference. The presenter is responsible for creating, printing, transporting and setting/removing up their poster for RSVVW’24.
- Dimensions: 30″ (W) x 44″ (H)
- Orientation: Portrait
- Poster Materials (Allowed): Can be Flex, Paper, or any other material which will not damage the poster board.
- Poster Materials (Not Allowed): Self Adhesive Vinyl and Cloth is strictly prohibited.
Design: Some tips to keep in mind regarding design –
(1) Simple is good
(2) Make important information stand out
(3) Line things up
(4) Don’t make it overcrowded.
Background: Keep your background non-distracting (white or some other light colour).
Title & Heading Styles: Clearly define each section with a heading that stands out (i.e. colours, boxes, bold text, white space, etc.)
Font & Font Size: Make sure they are easy to read and the size is possible to read from a normal distance.
Colours: Using colour is a very important aspect of poster design. Color should capture attention and highlight important information but should not be distracting the viewer.
Poster Set-Up at the Conference:
- The presenter is responsible for hanging up their poster in the appropriate category section.
- Posters can be put up on Day 1 – 13 February 2024 after 14.00 IST in the junior ballroom area.
- Posters must be removed (by the presenter) after the final conference day – 16 February 2024.